- Weight:0.270 Kgs
|Quick Start Guide||1.0||QSG USB2-H-1002|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-H-1002 provides a simple method of adapting legacy serial devices with RS232 interfaces to modern USB ports. This is accomplished by incorporating the industry standard FTDI FT2232H Hi-Speed USB-Serial bridge chip.
Each USB2-H-1002 adapter contains a small internal electronic circuit board which utilises the FTDI FT2232H, mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS232 level shifters and TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-H-1002 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-miniB device connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS232-level signals, including modem handshake signals, are available on an industry-standard DE-9P (SB9) connector. The maximum RS232-level data rate is 1 Mbps.
The USB2-H-1002 adapter requires USB device drivers, available free from http://www.easysync-ltd.com, which are used to make the USB2-H-1002 appear as two Virtual COM Ports (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-H-1002 to two RS232 peripheral devices.
· Adds two RS232 serial port by connecting to Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Interface
· Easy plug & play installation and RS232 device connection
· Provide USB2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mbps) interface and works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host
and Hub ports
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
· Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
drivers, downloadable for free
· Installs as two standard Windows COM ports
· COM port number can be changed to any available COM port number, including
COM1 to COM 4, to support HyperTerminal or any other serial communications
software application running in Windows
· FIFO: 4K byte transmit buffer, 4K byte receive buffer for each port
· RS232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GND
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required
· Serial port speed up to 1 Mbps
· Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: RTS/CTS , DTR/DSR, X-ON/X-OFF, None
· Two DE-9P (DB9) male connector
· LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy
· High-temperature plastic enclosure
· Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· CE / FCC Approved