- Weight:0.330 Kgs
HI-SPEED USB TO 4-PORT SERIAL RS232 ADAPTER
|Quick Start Guide||1.0||QSG USB2-H-1004|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-H-1004 provides a simple method of adapting legacy serial devices with RS232 interfaces to modern USB ports. This is accomplished by incorporating the industry standard FTDI FT4232H Hi-Speed USB-Serial bridge chip.
Each USB2-H-1004 adapter contains a small internal electronic circuit board which utilises the FTDI FT4232H, mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS232 level shifters and TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows theUSB2-H-1004 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-miniB device connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS232-level signals, including modem handshake signals, are available on an industry-standard DE-9P connector. The maximum RS232-level data rate is 1Mbps.
The USB2-H-1004 adapter requires USB device drivers, available free from http://www.easysync-ltd.com, which are used to make the USB2-H-1004 appear as four Virtual COM Ports (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-H-1004 to four RS232 peripheral devices.
· Adds four RS232 serial ports by connecting to Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Interface
· Easy plug & play installation and RS232 device connection
· Provide USB2.0 Hi-Speed(480Mbps) interface and works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host
and Hub ports
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
· Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
· Installs as 4 standard Windows COM ports
· COM port number can be changed to any available COM port number, including
COM1 to COM4, to support HyperTerminal or any other serial communications
software application running in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98,
Server 2012 & 2008, Linux, MAC-OS8, 9, X
· FIFO: 2K byte transmit buffer, 2K byte receive buffer for each port
· RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GND
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Serial port speed up to 1Mbps
· Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: RTS/CTS , DTR/DSR, X-ON/X-OFF, None
· Two DE-9P male connector
· LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy
· High-temperature plastic enclosure
· Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included