- Weight:0.230 Kgs
|Quick Start Guide||1.0|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-F-6001 provides a simple method of adapting RS422 serial devices to a USB port. This is accomplished by incorporating the industry standard FTDI FT232R USB to Serial bridge chip.
Each USB2-F-6001 adapter contains a small internal electronic circuit board which utilises the FTDI FT232R, mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS422 level shifters and TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-F-6001 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-B client connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS422-level signals, are available on an industry-standard DE-9P (DB9) connector. The maximum RS422-level data rate is 3 Mbps.
The USB2-F-6001 adapter require USB device drivers, available free from http://www.easysync-ltd.com, which are used to make the USB2-F-6001 appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-F-6001 to a legacy RS422 peripheral device.
· Adds one RS422 serial port by connecting to USB
· Easy plug & play installation and RS422 device connection
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host and Hub ports
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
· Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
drivers downloadable for free
· Installs as a standard Windows COM port
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer, 256 byte receive buffer
· RS422 data signals: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, RTS+, RTS-, CTS+, CTS-, GND
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required
· Serial port speed up to 3 Mbps
· Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/X-OFF, None
· One DE-9P (DB9) male connector
· LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy
· High-temperature plastic enclosure
· Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· CE / FCC Approved