- Weight:0.370 Kgs
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
|PCN||PCN ES 003|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2101-MB USB-to-Optical isolated RS422 / RS485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds a RS422, or RS485 serial communication port to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is powered by the USB port, and no external power adapter is required.
The adapter is designed with an external 4-pin dip switch to set RS422 or RS485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Both a 6-pin terminal block and a DB9 male connector are available for optimal flexibility for serial connection. The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5 V / 150 mA through pin-5 of the terminal block to serial device. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines.
Optical isolation and surge protection are available to USB-COMi-SI-M. The serial line of RS422 / RS485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS422 / RS485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
The adapter has built-in surge protection to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25 KV ESD.
The USB to RS422 / RS485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS422, RS485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The ES-U-2101-MB USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
Complete driver support for all current Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
· Adds one RS422, or RS485 serial port by connecting to USB port
· Installed as standard Windows COM port
· 2000 VDC optical isolation protection
· 25 KV ESD surge protection
· RS422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-,GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer
384 byte receive buffer
· Serial port speed up to 1 Mbps
· One DB9 male connector & one 6-pin terminal block
· Supplies power output of 5 V / 150 mA through pin-5 of terminal block for serial
devices requiring power.
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· 2 KV DC optical isolation protection
· ESD surge protection (25 KV)
· Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
· Serial Communication Parameters:
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· One external dip switch for easy RS422, RS485 mode settings:
- no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo OFF, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo OFF, OFF, ON, ON
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS232 / RS422 / RS485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
· SECC sheet metal chassis; DIN rail bracket available seperately
· Dimensions: 57 mm x 76 mm x 23 mm
82 mm x 76 mm x 23 mm (with DIN rail bracket)
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Free downloadable Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows
CE Device drivers