- Weight:0.270 Kgs
1 PORT ISOLATED RS422/485 ADAPTER
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
|Product Change Notice||1.0|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2101 converter is housed in a strong plastic enclosure designed for use in rugged application areas . ES-U-2101 adds a Windows serial Com port via it's USB connection and can be configured to work with RS-422 and RS485 peripherals such as POS and Industrial Control devices. USB Plug and Play allows easy serial port expansion and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources.
ES-U-2101 features a full set of RS422 / 485 data and control signals (TX-, TX+, RX+, RX-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-.) on it's DB9 male connector. For details of the DB9 connector pin-out and RS422/RS485 configuration information please refer to our installation guides page. ES-U-2101 has an internal 128 byte transmit buffer FIFO and a 384 byte receive buffer FIFO. It supports data transfer rates of up to 1 million bps. No external power supply is required as ES-U-2101 takes it's power from the USB bus.
Optical isolation and surge protection are integral to ES-U-2101. The serial line of RS-422/485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
The adapter has built-in surge protection to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
Connection to USB is via a 0.9m detachable USB cable (supplied). Longer USB cables can be purchased separately if required.
ES-U-2101 comes complete with drivers for Microsoft Windows '98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10. The Windows drivers are fully WHQL certified. Also included are drivers for Apple OS8, OS9 and OSX. Linux kernel 2.4.20 or greater includes also USB drivers for this product.
· Adds one optically isolated RS-422, or RS-485 serial port by connecting to USB
· Installs as standard Windows COM port
· RS-422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-,GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS-485 data signal:
4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-
2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
· Serial port speed up to 1M bps
· One DB9 male connector
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· ESD surge protection (15KV)
· 2000 volt DC optical isolation
· Monitor LEDs of TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
· Serial Communication Parameters:
-Parity: None, Even, Odd
-Data bits: 7, 8
-Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS-422 / RS-485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, Linux, MAC-OS8,9,X