- Weight:0.270 Kgs
|Quick Start Guide||1.20||USB2-H-5002 Quick Start Guide.pdf|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-H-5002 is a USB to a dual interface RS485 level serial UART adaptor incorporating FTDI’s FT2232H Hi-Speed USB2.0 (480 Mb/s) to dual serial UART interface IC device. The FT2232H handles all the USB signaling and protocols. The adaptor provides a fast, simple way to connect devices with an RS485 interface to USB.
The integrated electronics of the USB2-H-5002 utilise the FTDI FT2232H and includes RS485 level shifters plus TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-H-5002 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-Mini-B client connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS485-level signals are available on two industry-standard DE-9P (DB9) connectors. The maximum RS485-level data rate is 10 Mbps.
The USB2-H-5002 adapter require USB device drivers, available free from http://www.easysync-ltd.com, which are used to make the USB2-H-5002 appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-H-5002 to a legacy RS485 peripheral device.
Pin 9 of the D-sub connector can provide +5 V power output with maximum 250 mA.
· Adds dual RS485 serial port by connecting to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface.
· Echo and non-Echo modes selection.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS-485 device connection
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host and Hub ports
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
· Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
drivers downloadable for free
· Installs as a standard Windows COM port
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· FIFO: 4k byte transmit buffer, 4k byte receive buffer
· RS485 data signals: Data+, Data-, GND
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required
· Pin 9 of DE-9P (DB9) can provide +5 VDC output at 250 mA (total on 2 ports)
· Serial port speed up to 8 Mbps
· Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: X-ON/X-OFF, None
· Dual DE-9P (DB9) male connector
· LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy
· Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· FCC and CE approved