- Weight:0.250 Kgs
|Quick Start Guide||1.0||QSG USB2-H-6002|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-H-6002 provides a simple method of adapting legacy serial devices with RS422 interfaces to a modern USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port. This is accomplished by incorporating the industry standard FTDI FT2232H Hi-Speed USB-Serial bridge chip.
Each USB2-H-6002 adapter contains a small internal electronic circuit board which utilises the FTDI FT2232H, mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS422 level shifters and TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-H-6002 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-Mini B client connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS422-level signals are available on each of the 2 port industry-standard DE-9P connector. The maximum RS422-level data rate is 10Mbps.
The USB2-H-6002 adapter require USB device drivers, available free from http://www.easysync-ltd.com, which are used to make the USB2-H-6002 appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-H-6002 to a legacy RS422 peripheral device.
· Adds dual RS422 serial port by connecting to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS-422 device connection
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host and Hub ports
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
· Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
· Installs as a standard Windows COM port
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Supports Windows Server 2012, 2008, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000,
Linux, Mac OS8, 9, X
· FIFO: 4k byte transmit buffer, 4k byte receive buffer
· RS-422 data signals: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, RTS+, RTS-, CTS+, CTS-, GND
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Serial port speed up to 8Mbps
· Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/X-OFF, None
· Two DE-9P male connectors
· LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy
· High-temperature plastic enclosure
· Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included