- Weight:0.570 Kgs
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2002-M dual channel industrial RS422 / RS485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds two RS422, or RS485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is powered by the USB port, and no external power adapter is required.
The adapter is designed with two external 4-pin dip switch ( one per port ) to set RS422 or RS485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Both a 6-pin terminal block and a DB9 male connector are available on each port for optimal flexibility of serial connection. The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5 V / 150 mA through pin-5 of each terminal block to power an external serial device. The adapter is supplied with a removable wall mount / DIN rail bracket for industrial environments. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines on each port.
The USB-to-RS-422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS422, RS485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The ES-U-2002-M USB to Industrial I/O provides an industrial solution for single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distances.
Complete driver support is provided for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, Server 2012 & 2008, Linux, MAC- OS8,9,X
· Adds two RS422, or RS485 serial ports by connecting to USB port
· Installed as standard Windows COM ports
· RS422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-,GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer per serial port
384 byte receive buffer per serial port
· Serial port speed of up to 1 Mbps per port
· Non-Standard Baud Rates supported ( e.g. 500 kbps )
· One DB9 male connector & one 6-pin terminal block per channel
· Supplies power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of each terminal block for serial
devices requiring power.
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
· Serial Communication Parameters:
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· One external dip switch per port for easy RS422, RS485 mode settings
- no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo OFF, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo OFF, OFF, ON, ON
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS232 / RS422 / RS485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
· SECC sheet metal chassis; DIN rail bracket available seperately
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Free compatible drivers for all current Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
|USB to Serial Converters Manual||[PDF, 1.14 MB]|