- Weight:0.590 Kgs
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2102-M Dual USB to Optical isolated RS422 / RS485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds two RS422, or RS485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is powered by the USB port, and no external power adapter is required.
The adapter is designed with two external 4-pin dip switch ( one per port ) to set RS422 or RS485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Both a 6-pin terminal block and a DB9 male connector are available on each channel for optimal flexibility for serial connection. The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of the terminal block to each of the serial devices. The adapter is supplied with removable wall mount / DIN Rail brackets for industrial environment. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines on each port.
Optical isolation and surge protection are available on each port of the ES-U-2102-M. The two ports are also isolated from each other as well as from the host PC. The serial lines of each RS422 / RS485 port are optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS422 / RS485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
The adapter has built-in surge protection to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
The USB to RS422 / RS485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS422, RS485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The ES-U-2102-M USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
Free downloadable Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE Device drivers
· Adds two RS422, or RS485 serial ports by connecting to USB port
· Installed as standard Windows COM port
· 2000 VDC optical isolation protection per port
· 25 KV ESD surge protection per port
· Ports isolated from each other as well as from the host PC
· RS422 data signals: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-,GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS485 data signals: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer per port
384 byte receive buffer per port
· Serial port speed up to 1 Mbps per port
· Non-Standard Baud Rates supported ( e.g. 500 kbps )
· Two DB9 male connectors & two 6-pin terminal blocks
· Supplies power output of 5 V / 150 mA through pin-5 of each terminal block for
external serial devices requiring power.
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· Monitor LEDs for Power and TxD, RxD of each channel indicates power & port
· Serial Communication Parameters:
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· One external dip switch per port for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings:
- no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo OFF, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo OFF, OFF, ON, ON
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS232 / RS422 / RS485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
· SECC sheet metal chassis; DIN rail bracket available seperately
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· CE and FCC approved
|USB to Serial Converters Manual||[PDF, 1.14 MB]|