- Weight:1.110 Kgs
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2102 converter is a dual port version of the ES-U-2101. Housed in a strong plastic enclosure it is designed for use in rugged application areas. ES-U-2102 adds two Windows serial Com ports via it's USB connection and can be configured to work with RS-422 and RS485 peripherals such as POS and Industrial Control devices. USB Plug and Play allows easy serial port expansion and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources.
ES-U-2102 features a full set of RS422 / 485 data and control signals (TX-, TX+, RX+, RX-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-.) on each of it's DB9 male connectors. For details of the DB9 connector pin-out and RS422/RS485 configuration information please refer to our installation guides page. ES-U-2102 has an internal 128 byte transmit buffer FIFO and a 384 byte receive buffer FIFO on each of its 2 ports. It supports data transfer rates of up to 1 million bps per port.
Optical isolation and surge protection are integral to ES-U-2102. The serial lines of its RS-422/485 ports are optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
Connection to USB is via a 0.9m detachable USB cable (supplied). Longer USB cables can be purchased separately if required. The unit is normally supplied with a U.S. style 120v wall-mount type power adapter.
ES-U-2102 comes complete with drivers for Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, Server 2012 & Server 2008. The Windows drivers are fully WHQL certified. Also included are drivers for Apple OS8, OS9 and OSX. Linux kernel 2.4.20 or greater includes also USB drivers for this product.
· Adds two isolated RS-422, or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to USB
· Installs as standard Windows COM ports
· RS-422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-,GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS-485 data signal:
4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-
2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer on each port
· Serial port speed up to 1M bps per port
· Two DB9 male connectors
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· ESD surge protection (15KV) per port
· 2000 volt DC optical isolation per port
· Monitor LEDs of TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
· Serial Communication Parameters:
-Parity: None, Even, Odd
-Data bits: 7, 8
-Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· External 120v A.C. wall mount power adapter supplied
· Easy plug & play installation and RS-422 / RS-485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, Server 2012 & 2008, Linux,
|USB to Serial Converters Manual||[PDF, 1.14 MB]|