- Weight:1.030 Kgs
|Manual||1.2||USB to Serial Converters Manual|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The ES-U-2104-M USB to Optical isolated Quad RS422 / RS485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds four RS422, or RS485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and one power supply adapter of 6V/2.1 Amp is included.
The adapter is designed with a four external 4-pin dip switches to set RS422 or RS485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Each port can be independently set to RS422 or to RS485, depending on your application requirement. The adapter has a DIN rail bracket for industrial mounting.
Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines. Optical isolation and surge protection are available to ES-U-2104-M. The serial line of RS422 / RS485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS422 / RS485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link. The adapter has built-in surge protection to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
The USB-to-Optical isolated Quad RS422 / RS485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS422 or RS485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial data communication in harsh environments. The ES-U-2104-M USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
Complete drivers support Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98, Linux, MAC-OS8,9,X .
· Adds four RS422, or RS485 serial ports by connecting to USB
· Installed as standard Windows COM port
· 2000 VDC optical isolation protection
· 25 KV ESD surge protection
· RS422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND,RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
· RS485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
· FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer
384 byte receive buffer per port
· Serial port speed up to 1 Mbps
· Four DB9 male connectors
· Full hardware and software flow control
· Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
· Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
· Four external dip switches for easy RS422 or RS485 mode settings:
- no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo OFF, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo OFF, OFF, ON, ON
· 2 KV DC optical isolation protection
· ESD surge protection (25 KV)
· Serial Communication Parameters
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS , X-ON/ X-OFF, None
· Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
· Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
· USB cable of 0.9 meter included
· Includes one power supply adapter of 6 V / 2.1 A.
· Easy plug & play installation and RS422 / RS485 device connection
· Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
· Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
· SECC sheet metal chassis; DIN rail bracket available seperately
· Dimensions: 167 mm x 102 mm x 29 mm
189 mm x 102 mm x 29 mm (with DIN rail bracket)
· COM Port Number assignment is configurable
· Free downloadable Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows
CE Device drivers
|USB to Serial Converters Manual||[PDF, 1.14 MB]|