- Weight:0.390 Kgs
HI-SPEED USB TO 2-PORT SERIAL RS232 / RS485 ADAPTER
|Quick Start Guide||1.0|
***QTY >= 10, CONTACT US***
The USB2-H-9002-M adapter is a USB to dual interface RS232 or RS485 level serial UART adapter incorporating FTDI’s FT2232H Hi-Speed USB2.0 (480Mb/s) to dual serial UART interface IC device. The FT2232H handles all the USB signaling and protocols. The adapter is housed in a metal enclosure and provides a fast, simple way to connect devices with an RS232 or RS485 interface to USB.
The integrated electronics of the USB2-H-9002-M utilise the FTDI FT2232H and includes RS485 level shifters and RS232 level shifters plus TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter. Selection of RS232 or RS485 signaling is made using DIP switches on the front of the adapter. Each of the dual channels can be independently configured as either RS232 or RS485.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-H-9002-M to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The USB2-H-9002-M adapter requires USB device drivers, available free http:/www.easysync-ltd.com. These are used to make the USB2-H-9002-M appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-H-9002-M to a legacy RS485 or RS232 peripheral device.
• Adds two RS-232 or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
• RS-485 Echo and non-Echo modes selection
• RS-485 Termination ON and Termination OFF mode selection
• USB2.0 Hi-Speed(480Mbps) interface and works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host and
• Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
• Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device
• Installs as a standard Windows COM port
• RS-485 data signals: Data+, Data-, GND
• 10MBps maximum
• RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GND
o 1Mbps maximum
• Selectable +5VDC Power source from USB port or external power adapter
• RI pin can be configured to provide +5VDC output at 250mA
• Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: X-ON/X-OFF, None (RS485 mode)
o Flow control: RTS/CTS , DTR/DSR, X-ON/X-OFF, None(RS232 mode)
• LEDs indicate RxD, TxD and power for monitoring port status
• Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
• USB cable of 0.9 meter included
• FCC and CE approved